Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
What fish?

Hey guys, was wondering wat to get for am tank. A got a 60 litre tank an currently have 2 Dalmatian mollies, 3 rummynose tetra and 2 neon tetras(did hav 4 but 2 hav perished), was gonna get more tetras an 3 gummies but not sure now. Water is fine and tank been cycled over a month now. Any suggestions appreciated
__________________

__________________
Ray1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
I would pick a school of tetras an bump the school to 6. Then either swap or give mollies away. They get pretty large 4-6in and have a high bioload. I would swap out for a dwarf groumai, there pretty cool an low bioload
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Cheers, wat about gummies. Would it b worth while getting them?
__________________
Ray1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1980 View Post
Cheers, wat about gummies. Would it b worth while getting them?
Lol took me a second to read that right haha. Dwarf Gouramis are very beautiful fish that stay small and make good center piece for smaller tanks. They also come in many different colors
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...981&pcatid=981
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...974&pcatid=974
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...991&pcatid=991
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
I would up each school of tetras to 5 and add a dwarf gourami and 5 Pygmy Cory's.

Then you would be fully stocked IMO!
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post
I would up each school of tetras to 5 and add a dwarf gourami and 5 Pygmy Cory's.

Then you would be fully stocked IMO!
Hey, not to be disrespectful or anything but 60 liters equals roughly 15 us gallons if I'm not mistaken. So 12 tetras, a DG, 5 Cory's, and however Molly's the OP already had would stick it?!? That's way overstocked!! Male Molly's can get 6in possibly and high bioload, tetras have lower bioload but still 12 would be maxing it
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Hey, not to be disrespectful or anything but 60 liters equals roughly 15 us gallons if I'm not mistaken. So 12 tetras, a DG, 5 Cory's, and however Molly's the OP already had would stick it?!? That's way overstocked!! Male Molly's can get 6in possibly and high bioload, tetras have lower bioload but still 12 would be maxing it
You are definitely correct!!! I was not including the mollies and thinking that the tank was 20 gallons!!!.

For 15 gallons I would do:
5-6 of one of the tetras (I prefer rummy nose over neons)
1 DG
4 Pygmy Cory's

I apologize for confusing the tank size!!!
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post

You are definitely correct!!! I was not including the mollies and thinking that the tank was 20 gallons!!!.

For 15 gallons I would do:
5-6 of one of the tetras (I prefer rummy nose over neons)
1 DG
4 Pygmy Cory's

I apologize for confusing the tank size!!!
Lol ok, I think that's a better stocking choice for sure.
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
I say school of 6 neons, a DG and maybe a couple shrimp would be nice!
__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Cheers guys, is one gourami enough tho. Or do they need a companion?
__________________
Ray1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1980 View Post
Cheers guys, is one gourami enough tho. Or do they need a companion?
Just one, if you get two they may become to territorial, better safe than sorry so just get one
__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Lol took me a second to read that right haha. Dwarf Gouramis are very beautiful fish that stay small and make good center piece for smaller tanks. They also come in many different colors
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Dwarf Gourami Labyrinth Fish
Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami Labyrinth Fish
Lol, just realised wat a wrote there! Guppies!!
__________________
Ray1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Posts: 680
How about an emperor tetra and 3-4 cobratail guppies....maybe a rosy barb or a glofish too, as glofish are ridiculously hardy
__________________

__________________
Fibsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.