What fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With? I'd say none as the tank's small volume (small foot print) may contribute to the TB's habit of nipping.
If you are interested in barbs, an alternative would be cherry barbs. Smaller, less aggressive.

None. Tiger barbs alone need a bigger tank than that just for them

thank you everybody i appreciate your interest ?
So am going to have only TB, how many do you suggest me to have in there , now i have 3 for a begining.

Ok when you get a bigger tank like a 30-40 gallons with the tiger barbs you can get smaller fish with the tiger barbs but

Tiger Barbs should be in a min 30g. They get size on them and they need room to dodge aggression. They are an active swimmer.

I would return the TBs and look at Nano fish or a single Betta.

Jellybean Rasboras would work. Just them. Not other fish. Not with TBs

Or buy a 30-55g and look at stocking a semi aggressive tank.

So my answer is ZERO. Zero Tiger Barbs in a 6g. It's not an appropriate home. I don't care what the store said. Note what LiveAquaria says

http://m.liveaquaria.com/product/pr...G-B-4395&t=1&gclid=CNaK0dy99dUCFQaVfgodX-YHvw

Sorry I know this isn't what you wanted to hear. Tiny tanks under 20g are tricky to stock appropriately.

Last edited:
Tiger barbs need a bigger tank, so 0.
I would personally go with a few nano fish or a single betta. But even then I would personally go with a 10 gal.

Ok , thank you very much for helping me out ? so am going to buy nano fish any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom