What fish could I get for my five gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What fish would be able to live in my 5 gallon tank

• Colbalt goby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panda goby

• Glass catfish

• Upside down catfish

• Killifish

• Pea puffer (I am a beginner fish keeper)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only listing what people have been successful with. Main complaints are Bettas and cichlid.

Which are you disagreeing with?
Pretty much everything you stated...
Freshwater nano tanks should only house shrimp & or snails.

Kuhili and hillsteam loaches
Hello, I have a 5 gallon aquarium and I was wondering if I could keep a hillstream or a kuhili loach in it. It has filtering and I let it cycle for 2 months now. I don't really know about the kuhili loach, as most websites say it requires 10 gallons, but would it be okay to have it in a 5 gallon for a year or two than move it into a 10 or 20 gallon aquarium? On another note, I am currently keeping 1 female betta and 2 African dwarf frogs. Thanks and I hope you reply soon.
Rosy loaches are really good, Rachel o Leary keeps them in a 3 gallon in a group of 8 WITH cherry shrimp AND boraras micros. Should be pretty good

I would just stick with what you already have in there and then when you get a bigger tank later on go for something else in the bigger tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would just stick with what you already have in there and then when you get a bigger tank later on go for something else in the bigger tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I second this as well as what most others have said

Rosy loaches are really good, Rachel o Leary keeps them in a 3 gallon in a group of 8 WITH cherry shrimp AND boraras micros. Should be pretty good
Careful who you follow in the hobby,take the time research sellers to avoid unpleasant dealings.

We do not recommend the rose loach. Discussed and thrown out. We have been trying for an ethical approach. Our results are here:

http://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/index.php?posts/2816012

Please take a look. These are the only fish we (think 12 of us on that forum plus others elsewhere have been developing this list) have curated for a five.

Hope that helps.

Was going to click link...but saw fish lore so I ran off screaming...jk ..maybe

I endured 1200 or so posts before I couldn't take no more

Back
Top Bottom