What fish could I get for my five gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What fish would be able to live in my 5 gallon tank

• Colbalt goby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panda goby

• Glass catfish

• Upside down catfish

• Killifish

• Pea puffer (I am a beginner fish keeper)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bagles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Loaches in a 5 gallon

Kuhili and hillsteam loaches
Hello, I have a 5 gallon aquarium and I was wondering if I could keep a hillstream or a kuhili loach in it. It has filtering and I let it cycle for 2 months now. I don't really know about the kuhili loach, as most websites say it requires 10 gallons, but would it be okay to have it in a 5 gallon for a year or two than move it into a 10 or 20 gallon aquarium? On another note, I am currently keeping 1 female betta and 2 African dwarf frogs. Thanks and I hope you reply soon.

Last edited:
Ok

Thanks for your advice, but would it be okay to keep some other type of fish such as a stingray pleco?

Are the betta and frogs in tbis tank? If they are you're already stocked.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cycling

I have them in there for cycling and I plan to move them eventually, but that's is algae building up. Could I go with a ghost shrimp or a colbalt goby

Thanks for your advice, but would it be okay to keep some other type of fish such as a stingray pleco?
Wide body fish have much higher biolad. I may go tight but not that tight.

There is no pleco that works in a five. I use shrimp for the same role in my Betta tank.

In my Betta Tank I have:
1 Dumbo Half moon Male
3 Endler
2 Ammano Shrimp
14+ blue dream red cherry shrimp
2 nerite snails

Not all Betta do well with others, very similar to Cichlid in that way.

A 5gal tank is small. Like, really small. Loaches need room to swim and like to be in groups. 5 minimum is best.

If the other fish you mentioned are in the tank then definitely no.

My loaches, YoYo, were 1.25inches in length give or take when I bought them. It's been 3months and the biggest is almost 3x that size now.

Betta

My betta is a female, is that good or a bad thing if I got some guppies

Thanks for clarifying that to me, but would a Corey or some sort of small guppy work. Or maybe some invertebrates

Maybe another option is keeping the loaches for a year or two than moving them into a 20 gallon. I only have a five gallon but if I had a 20, it would be a different story

Please help!

I have a 5 gallon tank with 1 female betta and 2 African dwarf frogs. I need an algeaeater soon and want some sort of exotic and/or unusual fish that can live in s 5 gallon. Please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 190
there really isn't much that can survive in a 5 gallon tank. really all you'll be able to get that will do the job is a snail. mystery snails are best, nerite snails are also really good. they clean up better than any other algae eating fish i've ever come across.

Ok, but do u have any recommendations for an unusual fish.

I have a 5 gallon aquarium with one betta and 2 dwarf frogs

I need help deciding!!!

I have a 5 gallon aquarium with one female betta and two African dwarf frogs. What fish would be suitable for my tank. Which of the following fish are okay in a five gallon. (Please note: I am relatively new to this hobby)

-colbalt goby
-panda goby
-stingray pleco
-kuhili loach
-glass catfish
-upside down catfish
-pea puffer

Sorry, I just met for other's opinions too

Honestly none of those would work. You could do a single dwarf puffer in a 5g but it would absolutely have to be the ONLY fish in it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom