what fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this a red belly pacu?

Attachments

• image-2101590624.jpg
    image-2101590624.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 88
No I just saw them at a petco and I'm pretty sure they are illegal to sell...just wondering if what I thought they were was true

I thought those were illegal to sell in Virginia. Or is that just pertaining to releasing them into the wild

Piranhas are legal in TN. Not sure about other states. Why didn't you ask the people at the pet store what it was? I know a lot are just hs kids working hourly but I'm sure someone could have answered.

Looks like a red belly pacu. Yes, odd that it is not labeled. Perhaps they just arrived and they have not gotten around to it.
Years ago I bought a red belly piranha which was labeled 'Silver Spotted Fish'. LOL of course they asked if I worked for the VA fish & game association. This was in a mom & pop shop. Since we are talking about a national chain store I doubt that this is a piranha. But an interesting example of mimicry.

Piranhas are legal in TN. Not sure about other states. Why didn't you ask the people at the pet store what it was? I know a lot are just hs kids working hourly but I'm sure someone could have answered.

It's not exactly the greatest place for customer service. You're lucky if you even see an employee working there

Back
Top Bottom