what fish is this (Video inside) - it looks like a crocodile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict

appears @ 30seconds into the video

here is another video of the tank...

there seems to be MORE dinosaur looking fish (on the left side tank).
what are they??

check-out this Ghost knife eating !!!
its HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!
they look really scary when they are big !!!

Cool videos but everyone of the tanks seems to be way too small for the amount and size of fish that are in it. And Black Ghost Knifes are the coolest, had one for 4 years and it became smatter then most poeples dogs.

richiestang_78 said:
everyone of the tanks seems to be way too small for the amount and size of fish that are in it..

yeah I noticed that too
but the fish seemed happy to me.

Re: what fish is this (Video inside) - it looks like a croco

Bubble_B0y said:
what are they??

Yeah those are some crazy looking fish. They do kind of look like lizards. Never seen a fish like that before.

what are they??
Some species of bicher (Polypterus), that I'm sure would love to snack on some tiger barbs. Same w/the arrowana, though I had one years ago that would only eat goldfish. It was started out in a 10 gallon tank, and fed live guppies, then goldfish. When I moved it into my 55 community, I expected some losses. The arrowana would eat goldfish when I put them in, but never touched anything else in the tank, even though there were plenty of fish small enough to fit in the trapdoor it had for a mouth.
Bicher's aren't so selective, they'll eat whatever they can catch.

toddnbecka said:
what are they??
Some species of bicher (Polypterus),

Polypterus endlicheri endlicheri, to be more precise.

The barbs can only be meant as feeders in a tank like that.....that bichir alone could swallow 15-20 of them in a week.

My LFS actually has a big tank of like 3 of those spotted gars , 3 sting rays, and a huge knife fish, which are all cool looking .... they also have some huge amazon swords in the tank.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom