What fish like exploring tunnels, caves ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rasbora

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have several driftwoods with many tunnels in my tanks. I also positioning those driftwoods creating caves and more tunnels. However, only a few fish likes exploring those tunnels and caves (corydoras). Is there any other freshwater fish likes exploring tunnels, caves ? Or do I need to make those tunnels, caves with specific rules to be explored by fish ?

You can see my tank and fish list here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/please-comment-planted-tank-with-huge-driftwood-157855.html

I have several driftwoods with many tunnels in my tanks. I also positioning those driftwoods creating caves and more tunnels. However, only a few fish likes exploring those tunnels and caves (corydoras). Is there any other freshwater fish likes exploring tunnels, caves ? Or do I need to make those tunnels, caves with specific rules to be explored by fish ?

You can see my tank and fish list here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/please-comment-planted-tank-with-huge-driftwood-157855.html

I have done the same with my piece of wood and made a cave for them, also have a couple of tunnels etc. My Clown Plec lives under them and will only come out at night although he does come out some times in the day. I recently got a couple of Zebra Loaches and they love to go under the tunnels caves etc all the time, they might be worth looking into.

My swordtails like playing a sort of hide n seek with one of those coconut shells. My guppies have no interest in that and my cories just use that to "snooze" in.

Sorry my previous reply was not completed.

How about betta ? Do they explore the tunnels and caves ?
I want to have a betta, but there are 3 gouramis in my tanks. Betta should be avoided, right ?

yes. avoid a betta. the most playful fish i know is the kuhli or djo loach. my discus will play with my tetras and swim fast around one of my rocks and scare the school and he will flash his colors..

Back
Top Bottom