What fish should I add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to wait until payday Friday and buy some plants. It'll be my first go around with a planted tank. After I have enough hiding places, I'm getting a honey gourami.

Ceej said:
I decided to wait until payday Friday and buy some plants. It'll be my first go around with a planted tank. After I have enough hiding places, I'm getting a honey gourami.

Honeys are very beautiful, mine will circle my hand and nibble the hair on my arm lol.

Heres a pic:

Attachments

• image-4242577997.jpg
    image-4242577997.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 57
Scouser said:
Honeys are very beautiful, mine will circle my hand and nibble the hair on my arm lol.

Heres a pic:

Makes me not want to wait to get some!!

Ceej said:
Makes me not want to wait to get some!!

Hahaha!

I fell in love with mine when I was at Pets At Home, I new that the tank wasn't big enough with all the others stuffed in there so I bought home "Spot" :)

Been my most loving fish since then!

Scouser said:
Aren't rams really sensitive?

Think I've heard that they can just die without cause or reason even in a matured tank?

Ya know, apparently they are. I have had no problems with my girl (knock on wood).
I think stable conditions, drip acclimation, and waterchanges are the most important part for them

Gboy66 said:
Ya know, apparently they are. I have had no problems with my girl (knock on wood).
I think stable conditions, drip acclimation, and waterchanges are the most important part for them

Good to hear you haven't had problems :)

Guess its just the horror stories that stick in ye mind? Lol

Scouser said:
Good to hear you haven't had problems :)

Guess its just the horror stories that stick in ye mind? Lol

Ya! I agree, there are some pretty bad ones. Maybe go with bolivians. Very colorful too, and hardier

Aren't rams really sensitive?

Think I've heard that they can just die without cause or reason even in a matured tank?
Yes and no. They are notoriously sensitive. A lot of that sensitivity and the bad reputation comes from weak stock. Well bred rams do pretty well in a well-maintained tank. Yes, they are still sensitive fish, but good stock won't drop dead. Poorly bred rams are a different story though and I know plenty of people who have bought gbr and had them drop dead in pristine water. But, other people have really good luck with rams.

Yea I thought it would be down to the stock.

Seems that with this hobby only the bad experiences stick until they are passed as facts.

Thanks for clearing it up you two :)

Scouser said:
Yea I thought it would be down to the stock.

Seems that with this hobby only the bad experiences stick until they are passed as facts.

Thanks for clearing it up you two :)

Yup! I recommend them, very cool fish

Scouser said:

Heres a pic:

Does your honie(s) use plants for cover a lot? Just wondering how long I should wait to get 1 or two of them.

Ceej said:
Does your honie(s) use plants for cover a lot? Just wondering how long I should wait to get 1 or two of them.

Not really, she is comfortable enough with the tetra that the plants are only there for me lol.

When they are first introduced lots of hiding places and cover is good because they can explore with being in the open too long :)

I guess I'll make sure I can handle a planted tank first lol, then get a honey.

Ceej said:
I guess I'll make sure I can handle a planted tank first lol, then get a honey.

I used simple wood to create path ways out of sight, that and plastic plants worked great.

Here's a pic shot through a plastic plant.

Attachments

• image-832749829.jpg
    image-832749829.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom