What fish should i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought they wanted one fish? Plants could be sold if the wrong kind, and swapped out for plants that can withstand brackish water.{which the puffer will need eventually}
A 55 would be a good tank for a puffer like a green spot. At least they have a fun personality...like a puppy with fins.

I thought they wanted one fish? Plants could be sold if the wrong kind, and swapped out for plants that can withstand brackish water.{which the puffer will need eventually}
A 55 would be a good tank for a puffer like a green spot. At least they have a fun personality...like a puppy with fins.

Not all puffers are brackish and saltwater.

Most larger freshwater puffers start out in fresh and have to go brackish.
I am no spring chicken...;)

I was thinking you might have been thinking of dwarfs. MBU's and Fahakas can get too big for a 55. Whatever, it was just a suggestion.:)
Other smaller fw puffers-congo and dragon..

I'm thinking I might just move my plants into my 45 gal community (gravel substrate) and add root tabs and then get an Oscar or something for the 55

I'm thinking I might just move my plants into my 45 gal community (gravel substrate) and add root tabs and then get an Oscar or something for the 55

Theres tons of cooler fish than oscars that you could put in there! (Not downing oscars i live em) but you could try some really cool fish. Some of these will work permanently some will need upgraded to a 75+ eventually.

Red devil
Green terror
Female festae
Pair or maybe a trio of geophagus red head tapajos (then you could keep plants)
Grammode, or a pair
Salvini pair

Yeah I'd like to keep the plants... What ones would you keep in the 55 though?

Back
Top Bottom