What fish will be okay in these tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im getting ready to set up a new 50L tank I just need some more stuff then I'm going to start the fishles cycle.

Tank 1:

image-851629474.jpg

Tank 2:

image-659936650.jpg

Tank 3:

image-3178384714.jpg

Tank 4:

image-2362869104.jpg

Tank 5:

image-3910580771.jpg

Tank 6:

image-3587287311.jpg

Tank 7:

image-2271852770.jpg

Question: iv decided my tank is going to look like one of these (don't know which) what fish would you recommend for a rank set up like these? There will be no plants and very low lighting.

Will a few neons do okay in a tank setup like this?

Thank you

I say tank 4. It's the perfect biotope setup for a large shoal of Boraras Brigittae (Chili Rasbora).

To really help, we will need to know which one you wanna do. The possibilities are endless really and we will need some way to narrow it down.

Interesting I like that set up :) I'll read into Boraras Brigittae more, at a rough guess how many could I have?

Banana mouse said:
Interesting I like that set up :) I'll read into Boraras Brigittae more, at a rough guess how many could I have?

Oh man. At about 13 gallons, you can get quite a few in there. Although that also depends on if you want tank mates.

Predfan27 said:
Oh man. At about 13 gallons, you can get quite a few in there. Although that also depends on if you want tank mates.

I'm not having any tank mates i just want one breed of fish in there and I think iv just found it :)

Maybe 15, 20 of them?

Yep! I'd start with 15 and see how it goes! I think 20 could get in there easy but I probably wouldn't go above that.

Ah okay I don't want to push the stocking too far, I'll just go with 15 no more then that

i would say maximum of 18. they are very micro fish but very cute! a big school like that will loook amazing to watch. i have to say option four as well.

I'm guessing as they are small they will dislike a current? I'm going to buy 2 or 3 power heads but they are going to be very weak ones. (maybe 500 L/Hr maybe less)

What kind of substrate will they like? As I'm having no plants it won't have to be 3 inches deep.
I might go for a sand mixed with small/fine gravel with a few small pebbles.

Banana mouse said:
I'm guessing as they are small they will dislike a current? I'm going to buy 2 or 3 power heads but they are going to be very weak ones. (maybe 500 L/Hr maybe less)

What kind of substrate will they like? As I'm having no plants it won't have to be 3 inches deep.
I might go for a sand mixed with small/fine gravel with a few small pebbles.

Yeah, the Chili Rasboras are native to almost no current blackwater systems in South East Asia. The easiest and most natural will be sand with leaf litter on top. They won't be spending any time at the bottom other than maybe sleeping.

Predfan27 said:
Yeah, the Chili Rasboras are native to almost no current blackwater systems in South East Asia. The easiest and most natural will be sand with leaf litter on top. They won't be spending any time at the bottom other than maybe sleeping.

I'm just going ti stick with the substrate as i think it sounds good :p
The current- would they be okay with a small current? I don't want there to be any dead areas on the tank

Oh yeah, they are super active little Rasboras. Some surface movement won't bother them. I look forward to this tank!

Ah that's good then I will be careful with the current.
Same I can't wait. once the tank is decorated I'll upload a picture that's only if I remember ;)

Okay today I went out looking for them fish and I couldn't find them anywhere! Iv come across the Dwarf Pencilfish Will they do okay?

Dwarf Pencilfish would be good in that same tank you were to put chili rasbora in. They grow slightly larger than the rasbora though so I don't think you could put in quite as many. But you could still have a large school.

I don't know what I'm getting any more, I was looking at rasboras glowlight They're nice, I'd get them or a species of them. I'm in no rush am I? Iv got 4-8 weeks to make my choice

Back
Top Bottom