What fish will go good in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightningryan

Aquarium Advice Regular
What kind of other fish would go good in my tank?
I have 3 fancy guppies, 3 neon tetras, 3 black skirt tetras.

Some fish I was told were Mollies, Swordtails.
Will those work?
What other fish?
Could I put in other types of tetras? which kinds you reccomend my my tank?
Which specific kinds of the breed (example of what i mean by kind of breed : kind - Green Cobra, Breed - Guppy)

I would consider perhaps 3 smaller Corydoras cats or a school of 5 pygmy Corydoras cats, but then you are pretty much done for the capacity of that 15, especially if your guppies start reproducing.

I'd say that you could add some Tetra's. Nix the molly, it needs a 29 gal + tank. Corys are a good option also.

pretty much any type of tetra.. cardnail, neons.. they are pretty close to the same size and body type.. the thin bodied ones anyway..

Pristella tetras would work (also available in gold variety). Glowlight tetras are pretty too. But if I were going to add anything, I would at least add 3 more neons and possibly 2 more black skirts. Most tetras are more comfortable in groups of 5 or more. :)

Stay away from the larger Tetra's. You need something smaller as in 2 inches and under. Severum listed some good choices.

Back
Top Bottom