What fish would you suggest..??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They asked for more fish, we have said they are overstocked. I was giving options as if they were to remove some fish, they could add more correct fish.

Well they originally asked for just that. Not for their current setup per say. But as I just went over, I completely know what you're saying and agree with you. If you read my previous two posts you'll see where I'm coming from. It's just me having sort of a "soft spot" for people I see that could be feeling like they are "being attacked" almost. I mean no harm at all, in fact I hate conflict. Hahaha.

Agree. And you said others do their tanks different What do you mean by that? All the fish you have have needs and your my meeting many of them

I am on both sides I agree tanks can make unusual mixes work or hold a large number of fish safely, but fish need their species requirements fulfilled such as tertras need to school

Well they originally asked for just that. Not for their current setup per say. But as I just went over, I completely know what you're saying and agree with you. If you read my previous two posts you'll see where I'm coming from. It's just me having sort of a "soft spot" for people I see that could be feeling like they are "being attacked" almost. I mean no harm at all, in fact I hate conflict. Hahaha.

unfortunately thats what happens when your surrounded by self-appointed biologists, not to say anyone has made a wrong comment, but no tact.

unfortunately thats what happens when your surrounded by self-appointed biologists, not to say anyone has made a wrong comment, but no tact.

None of us are calling ourselves 'self-appointed biologists'. We are only trying to help. We all have a whole lot more to know about the hobby. Just because you don't like what people are saying(and it is perfectly sound advice) does not give you the right to insult people.
I get that the OP wants fish suggestions, but their current fish overstock the tank, therefore most of us feel we cannot make suggestions until current problems are resolved. I know that I personally wouldn't want to have to rehome my fish as I am attached to them, but if it was the best thing for them I would. Honestly, I would select 5-6 types of schooling fish, 4-5 species of "solo" fish, (of course all appropriate for the tank) and call it done. Your fish will be brighter in color, more active, and you'll have a tank that's a lot more fun to watch. I can give you a more detailed stock list once I look at your stock again.
Emerald76

None of us are calling ourselves 'self-appointed biologists'. We are only trying to help. We all have a whole lot more to know about the hobby. Just because you don't like what people are saying(and it is perfectly sound advice) does not give you the right to insult people.
I get that the OP wants fish suggestions, but their current fish overstock the tank, therefore most of us feel we cannot make suggestions until current problems are resolved. I know that I personally wouldn't want to have to rehome my fish as I am attached to them, but if it was the best thing for them I would. Honestly, I would select 5-6 types of schooling fish, 4-5 species of "solo" fish, (of course all appropriate for the tank) and call it done. Your fish will be brighter in color, more active, and you'll have a tank that's a lot more fun to watch. I can give you a more detailed stock list once I look at your stock again.
Emerald76

Actually i was calling myself a self appointed biologist

300 litres

Wood/logs, moss ball, plants (real looking silky ones), rock type ornaments that allow them to hide.

5 Glass catfish or 6 Cories
6 Neon tetra or 6 harlequin rasbora
6 Golden barb or 6 cherry barbs
3 any type of swordtail
One angelfish (now) black/silver/yellow
1 Bolivian ram
1 Bulldog Pleco or 1 bristlenose pleco
3 African Dwarf Frogs
Malaysian trumpet snails
1 assassin snail to reduce the trumpets numbers.
6 Danios or 6 bloodfin tetras
3 Male guppy
1 dwarf gourami or 1 pearl gourami
6 Coolie loaches(I assume these are khuli loaches, they can be both Siamese and normal)

I've created what I think would be an appropriate stock using your current fish and adding in some new ones and removing ones you already have. You'll have to really keep up on your water changes though.

Please read properly

One angelfish and one rainbow shark does not take up a lot of 300 litres...........!!!!!!

Ok I have to agree with that. That would be a seriously large angel, rainbows get a little bigger but would still be plenty of room in a 75. Also I agree that they aren't that aggressive the only thing they ever really do is give a small chase. But I would recommend rehoming some of your fish so you can have appropriate sized schools/shoals for the others.

Angels get 6 inches long and 12 inches tall. They are big fish. The shark will get territorial with age. It seems like you are just telling people that are giving you advice that they are wrong.

300 litres

Wood/logs, moss ball, plants (real looking silky ones), rock type ornaments that allow them to hide.

2Glass catfish. *
2Neon tetra *
2Golden barb*
2Dark green/black swordtails
2Red wag swordtails
2One angelfish (now) black/silver/yellow
2Tiger barbs*
2Green tiger barbs*
2Black widow tetra*
1 Rainbow shark
2 Silver sharks*
1 Humbug catfish
2 Bulldog Pleco
3 African Dwarf Frogs
Malaysian trumpet snails
1 assassin snail to reduce the trumpets numbers.
Danios
2 Male guppy
2 Serpae tetra*
2 Coolie loaches*
2 Siamese coolie loaches*
4 Some kind of Tiger loach
All of the * mean schooling and need 6. Are te silver sharks bala sharks? If so they need to be regimes. All in all. I'd say rehom Hal of the schoolers and then up the other ones to at least 6

All fish healthy, lively and colourful.

Was only asking people's opinion on colourful fish. Jeez.

Never said it would be added.

Nice one...

All fish healthy, lively and colourful.

Was only asking people's opinion on colourful fish. Jeez.

Never said it would be added.

Nice one...

My favorite tropical fish of all time are guppies. You can find every single color of the rainbow in guppies. I know they seem a little common but I you order online they are STUNNING. Plus, I've had lots of fun breeding a small colony of randomly colored guppies and seeing how the fry turn out. I have snakeskins, cobras, multis, solids, everything. All mine are red/orange/yellow so far but my new fry haven't colored up yet so I am eagerly waiting.

My favorite tropical fish of all time are guppies. You can find every single color of the rainbow in guppies. I know they seem a little common but I you order online they are STUNNING. Plus, I've had lots of fun breeding a small colony of randomly colored guppies and seeing how the fry turn out. I have snakeskins, cobras, multis, solids, everything. All mine are red/orange/yellow so far but my new fry haven't colored up yet so I am eagerly waiting.

whilst they are not the most exciting fish, you are definatly right, they can be alot of fun, ordering online would definantly be a fun experience too, i have some guppy fry with some crazy colours, red/blue/orange/white mixes are the nicest ones we have had, but just bought a variety of guppies from surrounding LFS. :)

Also, nice sig ;) haha

Thanks. Though I must disagree that they aren't exciting. My case in point-

image-3231543189.jpg

elegant, but I wouldnt say exciting compared to an oscar devoruring its dinner, or a bristlenoses tank cleaning efforts

Back
Top Bottom