What gouramis can be kept with a dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GJMattingly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 20 gallon long I already have a dwarf gourami, 2 barbs, and 4 zebra danios and I want to add a different gourami. Is there any gouramis that will be ok with these fish and the dwarf. I was thinking honey but not decided yet. Also it would be great if they are hardy fish because I am new to the hobby. I have hard acidic water that I do treat with some kid of kind of stuff so just wondering what to do about water changes without killing my fish. Thanks

In a small tank like that the current dwarf might not be to friendly to other gourami. A honey might work because they are smaller, and a different color, so the dwarf might not see it as competition.

Honestly I wouldn't add any other type of gourami. As mentioned a honey "might" work but often times a honey gourami will get harassed, especially in a small tank, because they are not usually as aggressive as DG's. I have a 220g, 100% planted with 3 DG and a Honey gourami and even with all that space and cover one DG is dominant and will harass the others if they get too close, especially during feeding. At least my honey is smart as it just gets in the middle of all the adult angels and he gets left alone.

Back
Top Bottom