What guppy varieties?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I moved took all of the fish out of a tank, and in order to keep the beneficial bacteria from dying I had to put some bioload back in. I made a trip to the lfs and they had some pretty little guppies there, perfect! I want to know what variety they are though, as this is the first time I've kept fancy guppies. The first two are males and the last is a female. They are probably some mix of strains, but I want to at least get an idea of their classification. These pictures don't really give the fish justice, so I can take new if need be. The two first pictured male have a light blue shine to them.

Attachments

• image-582957738.jpg
    image-582957738.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1989009798.jpg
    image-1989009798.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3192936647.jpg
    image-3192936647.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 68
Yeah that's what in thinking. There were a bunch if the blue/black ones in the tank and they all had the same features. I like em.

Here's a better picture of one of the males. You can see some of that light purple glimmer.

Attachments

• image-2575735836.jpg
    image-2575735836.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 54
Guppies are named based on their tail shape and color. They really are all the same other than that.

First pic is a half black Veil / round tail not too sure

Second is a generic Round tail

Third pic looks like a cobra but the picture is too blurry to really tell.

I like the coloration of their tails, should be interesting to see how it shapes up in the next generation.

Yeah the fish in the first pic are really cool. I've got 3. They've got really nice blue/purple on their bodies and especially the tail. The females almost have as much coloration as the male too.

Back
Top Bottom