What in heaven's name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
IS THIS?!

B0001ZIK9M.01-AU4T0MXOFSBSN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Since when do people start making fish bowls that CHANGE COLOR?! o_O

This is what I get for looking at fish tanks on amazon.com....

B0009YHU5K.01-A3N3VAFSB57PBN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And this doesnt look safe to me ._.

ugh i hate that thing so much, as you can see they put a goldfish in there...and then most times they have bettas, i beleive that should be banned and is a horrible idea

the only way i would like it is if it was a Bio-Orb and was 30 gallons :D

A Bi-Orb is still a horrible design IMO. The surface area is too small to allow adequate gas exchange as compared to a standard tank design.

It's too small for anything unless you were keeping an ant in it....

and that betta hanging thing just looks like if it falls, you're sunk....

Try searching "bettas" on eBay...you're in for more surprises. Unfortunately, the people who design these things think that betta's are ornaments or furniture. :uzi:

Jchillin said:
Try searching "bettas" on eBay...you're in for more surprises. Unfortunately, the people who design these things think that betta's are ornaments or furniture. :uzi:

well honestly isn't that the point of aquariums? For decoration and ornamental furniture! I mean i know they are pets and should be well taken cared for (which i do!) but they are for decorative purposes as well... don't we try our best to make our tanks look attractive, neat, pretty... and all that good stuff! Don't we like "cool" looking fish, that look good.?

I mean, i still don't think some of the stuff they make for betta's is even right, but they do survive for years in those tiny habitats which are actually better than the rice paddies they come from (which is sometimes dried up to them just flipping around in some mud)

AshleyNicole said:
these things think that betta's are ornaments or furniture.

I don't mind having the furniture/ornamentaion part...that's what a huge portion of the hobby is about. I don't consider the fish to be ornaments. That was the difference.

If a person wanted something small like that, they should just get one of those eco-spheres. The upside of getting one? The only maintainence that is required is making sure it has the correct light levels.

Ah, the coloured-light ones....first saw those about two years ago...even if it wasn't a bad idea for a fish, it would be just plain tacky anyways. As jChillin mentioned, a search of "bettas" on eBay or "Betta tank/bowl" on google will earn you many more unpleasant results.

I've seen that rainbow coloured bowl at PetsMart. It must be cruel to put a betta in there where he has no room to even swim. That's one of the reason I bought the one gallon tank because at least he can swim around a bit.

But I have to admit, at least it's not as cruel as the one with the plant on top, but it's almost up there.

well,i have seen ones with plants that are about 2 gallons, and i think they are a very good for the betta, if they are big enough. My mother-in-law had a huge peace Lily in a about a 2 gallno glass vase and she kept the roots trimmed and changed the water every week. He was a very happy betta. He lived for like 3 years i think she said.

Back
Top Bottom