what is a good device

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my breeder traps are full I usually take a bowl and immerse it in the tank so it has the breeder box in it, then pull the bowl and breeder trap out of the water, and then you can slowly rotate the breeder box so that it turns upside down dumping the fry safely into the bowl.

Then just put the breeder trap back in and try and catch the fry again? I am going to try to get them to grow up in the trap until they outgrow it.. then transfer into a 1.8 gallon. I just want to make sure that the fry know that when the bubbler and filter are off it means it is time to eat so i am keeping them in the main tank to learn that way i dont have to worry about them not eating... though i will post a pic and my trap is a bit overflowing with fry i just found about 15 more in my tank on top of the 40 that were already in there

My problem is the bottom of the trap is full of discarded food and waste I'm not sure how to clean it out without sucking up the fry

Back
Top Bottom