what is a good diet for guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some guppies, and want to be gibing them the best diet possible. Right now I have never fed them anything but flake food. I will also have some fry sol, and I need to know what kind of food I should give them.
I appreciate the help.
thanks

That's what I meant... I want to feed them variety, but I don't know what else to feed them other than flakes.

Any type if frozen food would would be good every now and then as a treat.

Oscarr19 said:
Any type if frozen food would would be good every now and then as a treat.

The problem is I don't know where to get frozen fish food... I can't find any in stores. I have pellets and freeze Erie blood worms, but I want to give them something that isn't freeze dried, or isn't meat for a change. They are omnivores, so I think it would be better if they also have plants or vegetables...
One more thing- what kinds of food are good for fry?

Most petshops will have a fridge full of different types of frozen food. You can also try spirulina flakes.

As for the fry crushed up flake food is ok. As they get bigger you can feed baby brine shrimp. As an alternative some LFS have first bites or other types of powdered fry food.

Ok. Thanks. I will probably try to find some frozen food, and maybe some brines shrimp too.

Back
Top Bottom