What is compadible with cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perezm03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently bought an 85g tank and was wondering what other fish would go good with cichlids. ?

So that would be my other option ?

What other fish (other than cichlids ) would look beautiful in this 85G tank ? Open to any and every suggestion :)

Your pretty limited when you choose cichlids. Maybe a sucker fish.

So that would be my other option ?

What other fish (other than cichlids ) would look beautiful in this 85G tank ? Open to any and every suggestion

You could do a freshwater community tank with something like 4-6 Angelfish, a couple schools of tetras such as a school of Rummynose or Cardinal tetra's and then a little bit larger tetra school of Lemon, Diamond, or Congo Tetras. You could do Cory Cats or Loaches such as Yo-Yo loaches for bottom swimmers. A pair of German Blue Rams and a Pearl, Dwarf, or Honey Gourami. Or you can go for say a Rainbowfish tank, there are tons of different colorful rainbowfish to choose from.

Thank you very much

That said there are a lot to choose from. You just have to be carful of cohabitation. I'm really not the guy to advise you here. I haven't had an african tank in along time. There has been a lot of changes in their keeping standards.

You could do a freshwater community tank with something like 4-6 Angelfish, a couple schools of tetras such as a school of Rummynose or Cardinal tetra's and then a little bit larger tetra school of Lemon, Diamond, or Congo Tetras. You could do Cory Cats or Loaches such as Yo-Yo loaches for bottom swimmers. A pair of German Blue Rams and a Pearl, Dwarf, or Honey Gourami. Or you can go for say a Rainbowfish tank, there are tons of different colorful rainbowfish to choose from.

That sounds like an amazing idea.
Trust me I just made a list of what you just told me lol

Community tanks are awesome. Its kind of a gamble but I think severums would be cool in 85 gallon tank. They are a south american cichlid. But of need other semi aggressive fish.

Back
Top Bottom