What is considered high lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm upgrading my plant variety and was wonder if a 2 bulb t5 24wattsx2 is considered high lighting? It's has a output of 10,000 k per bulb and could support corals on a smaller tank. My amazon swords have been thriving under it but I'm afraid if it might strangle java moss? Or that it might not e enough for alternantheta renineckii or ludwigia reopens rubin

Light Level

OK thanks,
A lot depends on the quality of your fixture's bulbs and the reflectors. I'm attaching a couple of links to articles about lighting that may help you determine what your fixture may be. The old watts per gallon rule really doesn't apply anymore. But 48w total on 21" would be the lowest side of medium light IMO. Hope this helps. OS.
PAR vs Distance, T5, T12, PC - New Chart
Lighting an Aquarium with PAR instead of Watts

Well after checking you charts and such (thanks for that, I couldn't find a par chart anywhere!) I have very good broad reflectors where you can clearly see mulitimages of the bulbs. And based off theses I'm gonna say high medium lighting or low hight light close to the surface. So I have a 2 bulb T5ho with good reflectors.

Back
Top Bottom