what is going to be the better option?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevccoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have roughly $200 to spen on a filter(s) for my 75 gallon startup I am going to be doing, I will have 2 oscars in it or 1 oscar and an EBJD, I like that combo.... my question is, what will be the best filtration option 2-AC110's or and EHEIM classic 2217/UT will be same price either way (2-AC's or 1 cannister). but which will do the job the best?

Or just read up about a Reaction 4-stage cannister with built in UV, any one use one of these or have a review?

The canister for sure. I wouldnt recommend canisters for anything under 40 gallons.

any ideas on a better cannister than the eheim classic 2217/ut for the price? or any idea on value of the Reaction 4-stage?

I would check on craigslist, you can find great deals there. There is this fluval 403 in my area for $25....

You can get multiple canisters instead of one big one, it will get you more gph for your money.

--Adeeb

I have been recommended to use The SunSun canister filter from ebay many of times on another, but never wanted to buy online.

If I could get the link, I would, but I cant seem to find it.

already tried craigslist, besides, I would rather buy new, rather than not know the truth about an item, especially on the 2nd floor apartment :)

I have 2 fluval 403's that are over 20 years old. I found them to very reliable after changing their quick disconnects. Also I keep each one in it's own 5 gallon bucket. When I do a cleaning the small amount of water I spill ends up in the bucket. After a cleaning I watch for any leaks in the bottom of the bucket. Sometimes it's had to tell you have a small leak especially on a carpet. From what I've read the new fluval systems are a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom