What is killing all my neons ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neons also lose their color In times of stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a discus tank. I learned the hard way about not qt new fish. I added runny nose tetras without qt. of my school of 11 discus I lost 9. Broke my heart. Now I am back up to 11 discus again . I would never add a fish without qt

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Man 9 discus lost lol.. wow that's a big number.. I got into discus about 5 months ago.. I have only lost 3 myself, 1 was my fault I added liquid fertz and he started immediately acting weird and even though I changed the water he started spinning in circles around the tank.. He didn't die.. but I returned him and got my money back.. The other im still pissed about it was an accident my driftwood had a little cave inside the wood itself and this discus was about 4 going on 5 inches in size.. beautiful pigeon blood. And I went away for 3-4 days my mom was feeding my fish for me.. I come back and the tank is cloudy and smells and I find him in the cave stuck his pointy spins stuck in the wood.. So I learned that lesson and blocked the cave off.

3rd one no idea how he died.. he just stopped eating and it took like 3-4 weeks but eventually he got super skinny and died.. The rest of my discus I have about 7 now are all eating.. well 1 is kinda not eating and im not sure why.. hes a blue snakeskin too was very expensive so I hope he will start eating soon.. Im starting to try daily 50% water changes vs every 2-3 days 70-80% and im hoping this will help.. even though my nitrates are never really high to begin with..

Debated on putting some prazi pro in the water and see if that helps after a week or so.. Not sure. One thing ive learned with discus is they are picky *** eaters and it takes forever to get them to eat but once you do they eat like pigs.. But there is always that 1 it seems that ignores food completetly

Yea it was fungus that killed my discus ..... Frigging sucked

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom