what is missing from my fishes' diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
of all of my fish added together, here is what i feed them. i have no true pattern of feeding them, except the fact that i try to make something different every time i feed (all of them accept whatever i give them practically)

omega one flakes
omega one veggie wafers
wardleys tubifex worms (shrimp pellets and cuibes)
wardley's spectraMAX flakes
wardley's cichlid crumbles
wardley's tropical crumbles
wardley's algae wafers
tetra freeze dried bloodworms
tetra cichlid minigranules
frozen daphnia

here's a list of fish in my tanks:

-92 gallon:
yo yo loaches
cory cats
zebra botias
bristlenose plecos
otocinclus
blue rams
cardinal tetras
rummy nose tetras

-55 gallon:
otocinclus
synodontis catfish
ghost shrimp
black mollies

i'm mainly looking to experiment more with frozen foods and possibly live foods for my new synodontis catfish, as i do not think i am adequately feeding them yet, which i need to start doing

so any suggestions are welcome as well as opinions on the food i have

ah i forgot to mention i feed zuchinni to my plecos and otos

peas, eh? i've heard of people doing that but i've never tried to, so i guess i'll have to :)

what kind of live/frozen foods should i get for my synodontis/loaches? i was sort of weary of live foods for awhile because of internal parasites and what not, but as long as i get them from a trusty source i think i should be fine

I don't think you need to worry about live foods with everything else you feed them. All the fish will eat live foods, even though you are aiming to feed the synodontis. There's an article on feeding fish veggies in the articles section.

I culture and feed live grindal worms and white worms all the time. The fish scarf them up, all of them. Skunk botia loaches, corys, swords, betta, and neons. I have found nothing better for feeding newborn live bearers than grindal worms. Simply set up 3 cultures and you can feed them daily off the cultures. White worms are a little tougher, not as fast growing but when they are harvested, they are a good treat for most all fish. I will be getting micro mealworms and giving them a try as roughage and a food source that i can culture on fish flakes. Might be another good live food source. My fish all love baby mealworm larva when I can harvest them. While cultruting grindal and white worms oyu will also get springtails, gnats and mites which float and are taken readily by my swords and betta. I even fed wingless fruit flies to them with good success. Basically, if it is small enough and moves, it will be eaten by your fish

Back
Top Bottom