What is over stocking anyway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wait are you wanting to replace the neons or add another tetra with the neons?

My glowlights swim pretty low..just like my neons. I don't have cards tho..I guess they look so much like a neon I'd assume they are the same.

add on, i want something in all levels of the tank....i think i like the embers though bot the glowlights r pretty to i want something that will swim in the middle region. so i think i will get embers those swim in the middle right? how many should i get 8 or 10?

In my 90 Litre tank (20 Gallon) which has 7 plants in it has:

6 Neon Tetra's
2 Zebra Loaches
2 Dalmation Mollys
2 Dwarf gouramis
1 Clown Plec
and 3 baby guppys (left from my baby invasion which will be re homed once large enough)

I haven't had any problems with Nitrites and Nitrates, had a week or 2 with Amonia of 0.5 - 1 (bout a month a go, and I had less fish than now) but with plenty of water changes we got through it well. I now do water test and 10% water change once a week and all seems to be ticking along nicely :)

Yes! I have glowlights, and they swim down low like my neons, but my embers swim higher, definitely mid region. They even go up a little higher sometimes which is nice for a tetra :)

I don't think so. The bio-load of 10 embers is very small, the embers themselves are very small, and that area of the tank is relatively empty without them. Out of curiousity though, what kind of filtration will the tank have?

i am still getting everything together but i am going to get a
dot_clear.gif

Fluval Multi-Stage 05 Series Filters

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.c...pcatid=14633&cmpid=03csepg&ref=3475&subref=AA

o that is a good price thanks so is my my tank over just right or under stock? even just by a little?

Well, personally I wouldn't do the neons, rams, and cories since they all pretty much hang in the bottom third of the tank. I see this type of stock all the time for 29's though, so it may just be my personal preference. Or maybe even just knock it back to 6 neons. It's hard for me to say..I think I stock differently than most people. I only have one schooler in my 29.

o.....do you think they will get along well though if i put rams in last, because neons dont go to the bottom of the bottom do they?

Although I know that's been asked before, I'm not sure I've heard any actual reviews on them yet. Their prices look inflated to me though. I haven't placed an order here yet but want to: Aquarium Fish For Sale Algae Eating Beta Loach Schooling Aquarium Fish Their prices are great. I haven't ordered online many places..mostly stuff through aquabid and ebay. I have ordered from franksaquarium.com and bobstropicalplants.com.

o ok thanks i was asking if that place was good because they were the only place i saw with embers i will check on the ones you suggested

Oh I think Franks and Bobs both sell embers, however, they are popular little fishies these days so you may have to watch and wait for them to be in stock ;)

Back
Top Bottom