What is the best Algae Eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bristlenose plecos for the win.

Otos second

Nerite snails third

panda garras are pretty good too, somewhere between BN's and plecos

I've never had the panda garras, but I definitely second the motion for Bristlenose, Oto's and Nerites!

Am I right in thinking that Bristlenose plecos need driftwood? I have bogwood, but no Driftwood

Ok, Thanks! I am going to my LFS later, so I will take a look and see if anything takes my fancy :D

IMO you should never get an animal to solve a problem, you should just prevent the problem. With that said, I think otos are best because it's all they do all day. LOL.

I love smart allics who just have to add something smart azz if you have a tank it grows algae smart guy enless your one of those ppl who just have to add chemicals to everything lol lmao haha what ever look I recommend everyone has something that eats algae cause EVERY tank grows algae lol

Bates1990 said:
I love smart allics who just have to add something smart azz if you have a tank it grows algae smart guy enless your one of those ppl who just have to add chemicals to everything lol lmao haha what ever look I recommend everyone has something that eats algae cause EVERY tank grows algae lol
I agree

Bristle Nose Pleco!

Or a Royal Pleco

Do some research and check some pics.

There both pretty cool.

Thanks! I have had ottos before, and I know about supplementing their diet etc. I haven't got a major algae problem, there is a fair amount but nothing to excessive. I went to the LFS, and their ottos were mostly dead today, so I came away with another species instead. I think I will go with ottos, just when they have some decent, fairly healthy stock in

Thanks for the help

Lol I do that all the time go in looking for something and cone out with something completely different.

I know I guess that's a good thing though right at least they don't have like only 2 species of fish.

It makes stocking plans seem kinda pointless :p (Even though they are not!!)

You should check out albino plecos there really cool looking and munch on algae lol and they only get like 6 in if you have a small tank

Picked up a trio of healthy looking otto from my LFS yesterday, and I will probably add two more at some point if these guys are ok!

Back
Top Bottom