What is the easiest fish to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my tank so far. He isnt too big yet and you can see the silver dollar and clown loach are still small
That pleco is WAY too large for that tank. Common plecos need tanks like 5-6 times the size of that tank. I mean not to mention that the tank is also too small for every other fish in there and that clown loaches and silver dollars aren't supposed to be kept in singles. I think it's a giant miss if you are worrying about anything other than and spending money on anything other than setting those fish up properly. If that's the case maybe you should rehome them and put fish in that tank that can thrive in there. Just sayin'.

When the silver dollar and clown loach were babies i had more of them but the tiger oscar eats anything else i put it their so i cant put doubles

Like everybody else is saying ur better off fixing ur situation now before moving on to a new setup... ur best bet if u want to keep ur fish is separate the loach and silver dollar from the Oscar and fill out there schools... if u don't want them rehome em and upgrade ur Oscar setup and then u will have that tank to start from scratch

When the silver dollar and clown loach were babies i had more of them but the tiger oscar eats anything else i put it their so i cant put doubles
They don't need to be in doubles, they need ot in schools of at least 6 IMO and also in a bigger tank. Clown loaches reach a foot. I agree with siva about the pleco. They can reach well over foot, sometimes even 2 feet.

Well right, because the oscar needs his own atleast 55 gallon tank, the loaches, silver dollars, and pleco need atleast a 125 gallon tank if you keep them all. Doubles doesn't cut it..loaches need stocked in groups of atleast 5 and the silver dollars need 6 or more. I highly recommend you rehome your fish that you can't properly care for and start fresh after doing much research on what fish can really thrive in your tank. I understand you didn't realize what you were doing when you stocked this tank and I'm not trying to be harsh, but now you know, so I really think it's time to make it right and stop focusing on other projects. JMO.

You plan to keep a schooling fish without a school in a tank MUCH smaller than the size recommended for the species? Don't you think the fish would be happier if you could just re-home it so somebody else could provide a school for it? Clown loaches do grow pretty slow, but they have all sorts of behaviors that you typically do not see when they kept alone.

My clown loach is perfexrly happy swimming around next to my oscar
Probably because he doesn't have his own kind to swim with. Not to mention you will be moving the oscar anyhow. Also, that in no way addresses the tank size issue. Did you find info somewhere that suggested a clown laoch was ok on its own in a tank that siaze, or are you just making decisions based on what you see in your current tank?

The clown loach has been on hia own for over a year he does NEED a budy or pack or hed be dead. Hes been on his own for a year and hes still happy.

Whether you think he is happy or not, he is still way too big for your tank along with every other fish in there. I don't think it was a very wise choice to buy several random, large growing fish if you didn't have the money to appropriately house them in a proper size tank. Plus where do you even plan on breeding all these guppies?

The clown loach has been on hia own for over a year he does NEED a budy or pack or hed be dead. Hes been on his own for a year and hes still happy.

So from this I take your definition of meeting the needs of a fish or keeping them "happy" is keeping them alive. Surviving isn't thriving. I could probably shove myself into a trunk and survive in there for quite some time, would you then say I was happy because I was still alive. I certainly hope not.

You are keeping the fish improperly. That's your choice but trying to tell me it's happy about it is absolutely ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom