What is the last fish I should put in here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
What I have-
30 Gallon Tank
Sand Substrate
Biowheel (eclipse hood)- 2 18 watt T8 Bulbs
Low Light Plants (Amazon Swords, American Ferns, Anubias, Crypts, Hornwort, Java Ferns, Java Moss)
2 Olive Nerite Snails
2 Silver Mollies
4 Spotted Cordys
8 Neon Tetras
10 Cherry Shrimp
Planning on putting in:
2 Dwarf Fire Gouramis

Can I put a red tailed shark in there? If not, what else could I put in there to make it neat? Yall's opinions are always well recieved.

Thanks again,
Andy

I don't like red tailed sharks so I wouldn't recomend one (I think there kinda boreing personality wise)

I would look into a dwarf cichlid.

greenmaji said:
I don't like red tailed sharks so I wouldn't recomend one (I think there kinda boreing personality wise)

I would look into a dwarf cichlid.

would one work?

Your stocking is light.. But, I think the tank is slightly small for that fish but thats JMHO.

I still think you would like dwarf cichlids though :p

good point.. Ive never kept shimp, I didnt think of it..

come to think of it I dont think I would put it past a RTS to eat them as well..

maybe some platies or rasboras would work out nice with them..

Andyvette said:
Can I put a red tailed shark in there?
Andy

I think these guys are great but they can get up to 6 inches which would be too big for your tank.

from personal experience, you are getting the info of dwarf gouramis eating shrimp?

I just got 2 blue rams and am very happy. I decided to no tget gouramis so they cant eat all my plants, even though they are one of my favorites. I am very happy with the rams though. awesome colorfull fish

kaz said:
from personal experience, you are getting the info of dwarf gouramis eating shrimp?

I haven't ever heard of this either.....

I might just keep the shark in there for 5 months, then move him to my 100 gallon.

greenmaji said:
Your stocking is light.. But, I think the tank is slightly small for that fish but thats JMHO.
8 Tetras, 2 Mollies, 4 Cordys, 2 Gouramis is light stocking for a 30 gallon?
(8 x 1 + 2 x 2.5 + 4 x 2.5 + 2 x 2 = 27.) correct? I kinda have limited options :(

Back
Top Bottom