What is the most interesting thing youve observed in your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thats a long title :p

So yeah, what the coolest thing you've seen happen from one of your fish?

Mine is that I've seen the Texas Cichlids mimic the flaring that my Firemouth Cichlid does. When they stand off its cool to see them both try to get as big as they can.

I also think its cool how fish can dig.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Mystery fry that hatched from eggs on plants I purchased in the mail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't know yet. Had some fry a week and some hatched last night. They are so small they struggle to eat microworms sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My larger parrot will jump out of the water to get to food that I hold above the water. It's pretty impressive.

My rams begging for food whenever i splash at the surface, they taught the neons to do it also lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's quite a few possibilities, but I'm rooting for splash tetras.
I had to use Google, that's a definite possibility and they are actually pretty cool fish.

With my luck they are glofish and I'll have to sell them on the black market

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My larger parrot will jump out of the water to get to food that I hold above the water. It's pretty impressive.

Cool! Wish my fish would do that...

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

My JD has associated hand with food so now fingers are food... Learned quickly her mouth opens as wide as a US nickel now after she took in a quarter of my thumb with the food.

Caleb

My JD has associated hand with food so now fingers are food... Learned quickly her mouth opens as wide as a US nickel now after she took in a quarter of my thumb with the food.

Caleb

Turkey basters are your friend for feeding lol

A few years ago, when feeding my Oscar earthworms, his favourite, if I didn't give it to him quick enough he would jump out of the water. He mostly landed back in the tank but made it to the carpet a couple of times. He was too big for a net and catching him by hand was quite a feat.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

The knack they have of tracking the fish food container across the front of the tank. An open hand just doesn't get the same interest :)

When I was in high school and knew nothing about keeping fish (no home internet then) I had 2 oscars and other various fish in a 20g long and the Oscars would jump out of the water to grab large pond fish pellets out of my hands. I also had African Clawed Frogs in that tank. Wardley pond fish pellets was the staple food I used. Bought it at the feed store along with the dog food and bird seed. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My angle fish always thinks I'm going to hand feed her, so anytime I do water changes or plant re-scaping she never leaves my hand. It makes everything more challenging. Everything I touch she tries to eat...wood, plants, rocks, ect. Everytime I try to take pics of something in the tank she totally HOGS the shot. Soooo cute.:fish2:I love her.

My puffs come out of no where from the jungle in the mornings and start glass surfing to get food. Lol it's funny but they're just greedy. Same with my ram, he likes to beg too :D

My puffs come out of no where from the jungle in the mornings and start glass surfing to get food. Lol it's funny but they're just greedy. Same with my ram, he likes to beg too :D

Try have discus, loaches, and a GBR...

Whole tank of glass surfing when I walk by lol

Caleb

Try have discus, loaches, and a GBR...

Whole tank of glass surfing when I walk by lol

Caleb

My GBRs and sometimes the neons surf when I walk infront of the tank. I see my corys surfing when I'm laying down lookin at the tank, but they scatter amd hide when I walk up.

The other day my flasher wrasse acted like it was dying on me...evil little prank I tell you!

Back
Top Bottom