What is the one fish you REGRETTED buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And rainbow fish, im surprised cause i was about to get some for my 55 gal... Now im rethinking

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And rainbow fish, im surprised cause i was about to get some for my 55 gal... Now im rethinking

Rainbows can be very aggressive eaters, but they're great for beginners, and are hardy fish and many have beautiful colours. I have to overfeed the tank a bit when I feed them, but it's never been an issue. I highly recommend rainbows.

Rainbows can be very aggressive eaters, but they're great for beginners, and are hardy fish and many have beautiful colours. I have to overfeed the tank a bit when I feed them, but it's never been an issue. I highly recommend rainbows.

I just dont think they would be the best thing for my tank now because im having trouble getting my rainbow shark to eat as it is.

Why do you have to over feed?

M.Auratus
I had two one turned the other turned and that one ended up not doing so well.Now he kinda rules about half a tank.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426194398.307943.jpghe is mean

Just want to stick up for my Chinese algae eater... I have had him for two years in an African cichlids tank... He is 5 inches and is a model citizen..... My one regret was a snakehead I bought years ago when I was a kid and put him in a 55 gallon ...... Big mistake.....!

Are you sure its not a Siamese algae eater? Also out of curiosity, why was the snakeskin bad? I haven't read about them

It's def a CAE.... The snakehead was prob 20 years ago and gets really big really fast and will eat anything it can fit in its mouth... I don't think you can even get them anymore... People would release them in local waters when they got to big and they can really cause havoc....

Rainbows are very fast at feeding time and often gobble up the food before it can fall. Often not giving a chance for the other fish to eat.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I cant get him to eat hardly anything (hes new) he seems to turn his nose to everything after a nibble and he goes nuts for flakes but seems to be spitting them out. No one on any of my forums seem to be offering help either. Im wondering if adding a school of something might encourage him to go after the food.
Edit: sorry i thought you were mentioning my rainbow shark lol

It's def a CAE.... The snakehead was prob 20 years ago and gets really big really fast and will eat anything it can fit in its mouth... I don't think you can even get them anymore... People would release them in local waters when they got to big and they can really cause havoc....

They are illegal to even have in Tennessee.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

They have them in florida at my local pet store lol

Yeah snakeheads are illegal in a lot of places, which stinks because the dwarf versions are supposed to be really neat.

Does anyone know if snakeheads are illegal in Kentucky?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Dwarf gourami! He's killed two juvenile angelfish and just figured out why my rasboras have been dying! Caught him eating them. Thought they were suppose to be peaceful if he was the only one?

Does anyone know if snakeheads are illegal in Kentucky?

Snakeheads are illegal in all of the United States and I'm pretty sure Canada too. Asia seems to be the only place that they're commonly sold, and even then it's only certain types.

Snakeheads are illegal in all of the United States and I'm pretty sure Canada too. Asia seems to be the only place that they're commonly sold, and even then it's only certain types.

Thanks! Just wondering.

Blue channel cats are native to KY waters so it was ok.

NEVER release a fish that has been kept in captivity into a local water way, that how lion fish happened in the atlantic and aquarists get a bad rap for it. :nono: I know this is hard to understand but if you can't find anyone to take it is would be better to euthanize it than release it into a local water way. It's the only other responsible thing to do. On to the fish purchase I regret the most, either rainbow shark or chines algae eater. The CAE was way back in the day when I just started. Threw him in my 20 gallon with some other fish and me murdered half of them and sucked the slime coat off of the others, log story short I re-homed him and it was over with. Rainbow shark was about 1.5 years ago and he was a terror to have after a few months. Staked his claim dead smack in the middle of the tank and chased all other fish to the corner. Re-homed him as well and boy was I glad to have him off of my hands. :lol: Oh! I have another, pair of Gardneri Killifish. About a year and a half ago as well. Total impulse buy at a local club auction for an ok price. The male ended up taking out 5 fish overnight and the female went carpet surfing! Ended up with no fish for about $20. :facepalm:Well there's the end of my long list of impulse buys. Thank God Ive got it figured out at this point (y) thanks for listening. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom