What is the "theme" of your aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I thought to ask this because of quite an interest in other peoples "themes".

Just tell what the "theme" of your whole aquarium is..names, decor, etc. Have FUN!!!

My theme is movies. Although I have a regular looking tank with live plants and all that I name my fish out of movies or tv. I have never used the same name TWICE!!! It is really fun trying to think of names from movies and tv shows to name my fish. I also name EVERY one of them! :D :lol:

I used to have a Days of Thunder theme for my fish names. Now I do random names. Depot, Angel, Ms. Nezbet, Gulliver, Trillo, Crimson, and Clover, and Mr. Clean the snail. I haven't yet decided if Trillo, Crimson, and Clover are going to stick though, a name just has to stick.

I don't know if I have a "theme" or not...I had 3 dalmation mollies, Dottie, Spot and Molly, (named by my son) but only Molly is with us...Spot was the male and was giving to our brother in law once we found out they were live breeders and could have something like 60 babies every 28 days or something crazy like that...Molly died last month, from I think a parasite? Our ADF is named "Hoppy" (again, my son) and our Clown Pleco is "Stripes" (son) because he is striped I guess. My son calls the tank the "Shark Tank" so I guess you could say that would be the "theme" because of our Shark decoration?

I guess we have a sunken ship "theme" in our tank. We have 2 giant halves of a sunken ship and some fake plants. There is a little treasure chest in the middle. As far as names go, I have only named my bettas. I named them after my fav movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The white one is Roger and the grumpy purple one is Herman. I think that is the name of the baby in the movie. If not oh well, I still like the name lol.

I have two "themed" tanks. One is a Television theme because I made the aqaurium out of an old French Provincial concole tv. The tv is one of the first ones that ever had a wireless remote, and I wired it up to turn the light on and off. It's a pretty sweet tank and I always get many compliments on it.

My second themed tank was an Artic Absolute Vodka theme that included an Absolute Vodka bottle, white gravel, blue plants, and a lot of glass rocks.

I can post pics later if anyone wants to see them.

My theme is Amazon Rainforest

I have angels and tetra....I also have a Tiger Barb from before i decided to start the theme, i do not have the heart to get rid of him... so I just tell people he was on a 3 hour tour and got lost :D

I have an old jeep like truck that looks like it has been in the water a long time and plastic plants.

I guess my theme is "too drunk to keep thy truck on d' road"

natural, i love a natural tank, or i go crazy and make it look as whacked out as possible with GI joes, legos, bottles, anything i can find lol

hmm no theme here, I just went by what looks appealing to myself. and no names on the malawis as theres to many to remember!!
All the americans I had did have sesame street names and pooh bear as the kids named them (Oscar the grouch, Tigger, Pooh, Elmo, Snuffy)

Malawi tank, (I know, not very malawi looking)
img_619010_0_2b86650da52ba0217d0188128547c541.jpg

the only theme i have is that i name everything after music in some capacity. my honey gouramis are fred and ginger, my puffer is satchmo, my crayfish is ludwig (because beethoven was a grouch and so is he), and my ADF is floyd (pink floyd)

i also have a chinchilla named amadeus, a chameleon named garcia, and dogs named louie (armstrong) and jazz (well, jasmine)

Hey guys and gals,

Okay, here are the pics I said I would upload of my two tanks. The first set are pics I just took of my TV Aquarium. It looks really good in the dark, but then of course it's harder to take a picture in focus.

Attachments

• fish_tank_002_849.jpg
    fish_tank_002_849.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 39
  • fish_tank_003_199.jpg
    fish_tank_003_199.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 346
  • fish_tank_014_138.jpg
    fish_tank_014_138.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 346
  • fish_tank_015_628.jpg
    fish_tank_015_628.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 30
  • fish_tank_016_141.jpg
    fish_tank_016_141.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 40
and my second pic is a scan of an older picture of my Artic Absoulte Vodka tank. Please excuse the poor quality.

Attachments

• artic2_800.jpg
    artic2_800.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
my 75g theme is going to be South America since most of my fish are from there.

my friend's tank has like broken glass, pottery, etc in her tank which is really cool. Mine is actually kind of boring. One just has a bunch of rocks and a few plants, and the other is just driftwood and plants. But it looks pretty! I want to do one with anceint ruins and id like to do another "shipwreck" one. Of course.. that means i need 2 more tanks.. he he he.

The theme of my 40G & 200G Archerfish Tanks are "Northern Australian Mangrove Swamp" Bio-tope. My 37G Tall Green Spotted Puffer tank (soon to also hold a Green Wolf Eel) is "Indo-Pacific Rubble Reef" Biotope.

I think my next theme will look like a desert, some plastic cacti, and some Java Moss rolled up like tumbleweeds, probably find some wooden buildings or something.

I'm really really liking the tv look,,,,subtle and sweet.Nice Tank!

SCFatz said:
I'm really really liking the tv look,,,,subtle and sweet.Nice Tank!

Thanks SCFatz! I spent a lot of time on it....and to tell you the truth I bought that TV in working order for $60, only to take it apart it for the tank. Once I had the idea in my head there was nothing stopping me.

Back
Top Bottom