What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They haven't found it yet though. Just swimming around the tank, sticking to walls and rocks. Hope they don't starve.

Brandonaki360 said:
They haven't found it yet though. Just swimming around the tank, sticking to walls and rocks. Hope they don't starve.

Yep, that's what mine did :p. They got rehomed and AES brought in. Now I have a smaller bioload, cleaner tank and I watched one of the amano (AES) do its classic TKD kick towards Dexter and he changed his mind about a possible easy snack when they first came in lol.

Wow I surprised by that my ottos would have tanks clean overnight of brown algae spots, I even rotated them into different tanks to clean new diatom outbreaks.

+1 on the Otos. I know Mr. Limpet got some lazy ones, but mine are phenomenal. My 46 gallon was spotless within a week of adding them. A buddy of mine on this site just added 3 to a 55 gallon where diatoms had exploded, and he said in 3 days there were no traces of BA and he's running out today to get wafers to supplement them. They're probably my favorite little fish...fun to watch and phenomenal at keeping things spotless. I have 3 Amanoas too, they're great at picking through the substrate, but spend more time hanging out in the DW.

eco23 said:
+1 on the Otos. I know Mr. Limpet got some lazy ones, but mine are phenomenal. My 46 gallon was spotless within a week of adding them. A buddy of mine on this site just added 3 to a 55 gallon where diatoms had exploded, and he said in 3 days there were no traces of BA and he's running out today to get wafers to supplement them. They're probably my favorite little fish...fun to watch and phenomenal at keeping things spotless. I have 3 Amanoas too, they're great at picking through the substrate, but spend more time hanging out in the DW.

Same! Mine is so hardworking :) finished off my diatom within 2 days!! Haha and there are also one of my favorite fish!

To the OP! Ottos dont do much in the morning, they are nocturnal so they will be most active at night but If u are worried that they will starve throw in a slice of blanched zucchinis.

eco23 said:

I am he, the 3 ottos I have ate everything and are looking for more. They are hungry rascals. I got them the wafers as Eco suggested and love them too.

Back
Top Bottom