What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can someone tell me what this is, it was in my tank. i have Neon Tetras shrimp and one pleco. i have Cabomba for plants. it was found on one of my Cabomba and was very easy to remove. water perimeters are good temp kept at 25C

Edit" there also all stuck together by like a clear goo i dont know

Attachments

• DSC_0650.jpg
    DSC_0650.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0651.jpg
    DSC_0651.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Can someone tell me what this is, it was in my tank. i have Neon Tetras shrimp and one pleco. i have Cabomba for plants. it was found on one of my Cabomba and was very easy to remove. water perimeters are good temp kept at 25C

Clear goo sounds like snail eggs. Probably hitched a ride on your plants

They definitely look like eggs. Maybe shrimp eggs? I dont know how shrimp reproduce though, so I could be totally off base.

They definitely look like eggs. Maybe shrimp eggs? I dont know how shrimp reproduce though, so I could be totally off base.

Good call, i google shrimp eggs and they look just like it. Thanks, hope i didnt kill them by taking them out for a little bit. Kept them in the same water and everything so i might be all right.

Well, I have some snails they laid eggs very similar to yours, also we're sticked together by a clear goo. If I where you I would keep about 2 eggs, and dispose of the rest. Snails are really good about cleaning out the algae in your tank, also eating leftovers!

There not snail eggs. The only snail that can hitchhick from the lfs here are ramshorn and pond and there eggs are white amd smaller. These plants have been in this tank for three months and i washed the plants very good before i put them in the tank

There not snail eggs. The only snail that can hitchhick from the lfs here are ramshorn and pond and there eggs are white amd smaller. These plants have been in this tank for three months and i washed the plants very good before i put them in the tank

They're not shrimp eggs, shrimp hold on to their eggs until they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom