What is this?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmoretteCadenza

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found this in my 25 gallon tank while cleaning it! I have 3 male guppies, one male and one female molly, 3 different cories, and I just recently got a tiny baby golden dojo loach D: is it a baby guppy? Idk that wouldn't make sense... Help! I've got it in a one gallon right now with a pregnant shrimp...

Attachments

• image-1593759648.jpg
    image-1593759648.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 154
  • image-1290987118.jpg
    image-1290987118.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image-90097816.jpg
    image-90097816.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 158
It could possibly be a baby Corey or molly...and be careful because ghost shrimp have been known to eat fry

That ghosty might have a new snack so with that said, I believe its a molly fry. What color is the big molly?

I also believe it is a baby molly. Some species of shrimp sold as glass shrimp are predatory so the fish could be at risk.

I took the ghost shrimp out to the betta's 5 gallon last night after reading that D: thanks, I'm totally new to shrimp! >_< It was 3 AM and I crashed right after that lol I had just got done putting sand in my 25 gallon.

The male molly is orange (I think it's called creamsicle?) and the female is dalmatian. I have a peppered, julii, and an emerald cory.

I was able to take some more pictures :) a female guppy would be cool. I can't believe I found it, I sucked it up through my gravel vacuum and saw it wiggling in the bucket. It's a wonder it didn't end up in the yard...

Attachments

• image-1849756883.jpg
    image-1849756883.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image-488978227.jpg
    image-488978227.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 101
Well from those last pics, it looks like a molly. Most guppy fry I have seen have a different shape

I'm back :) well my female dalmatian molly was kinda fat for a while, but it usually went away after a couple days (I think I feed them all too much)... And I read somewhere that guppies and mollies interbreed? Has anyone had any experience with that?

Yes they very well can interbreed but ive only heard of it happening 1 time to a friend. Its not impossible. Just like a chihuahua and a german shepard can interbreed (kinda weird/ almost unlikely)

That would be a cool fish, half guppy half molly. But what can I feed this little guy? These are all the different fish foods I have...

Attachments

• image-916581911.jpg
    image-916581911.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 89
I always fed mine crushed flakes like omega one. I put 1 fake in my hand and grind it into dust or the same with freeze dried worms

He/She's still doing okay :) Right now I've got him/her in a spare betta cup with a lid in my 25 gallon :( I've got a breeder box ordered and it should be here in a couple of days :) I'm thinking he/she is a molly

Attachments

• image-3831741726.jpg
    image-3831741726.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 74
Is it normal that he/she stays at the bottom? :( he/she didn't look so good today when I went to crush up some dried shrimp for him/her...
I've never seen him/her eat either, but there was some waste yesterday when I went to change the water.

All the fry ive ever had tend to stay close to the bottom. Put a fake or real plant in there like some java moss

Back
Top Bottom