What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NayaVe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? There were patches throughout the rocks and it also covered my driftwood and most of my plants. I put some ghost shrimp in the tank and that has helped a lot, but not enough. :( Today, I did a vacuum and a 50% water change. Water parameters are all within normal limits. I'm worried it will come back though.. 20210221_113945.jpg

It's not actually growing on the glass, but the rocks. It looks like stringy clouds. I haven't been able to find much online about it.

Is your driftwood new? Just looks like fungus that grows on new wood. It is harmless and usually goes away on its own but you can also manually remove it.

It is new to me. I bought it from a local aquatic shop, but I'm pretty sure they've used it before.
Is your driftwood new? Just looks like fungus that grows on new wood. It is harmless and usually goes away on its own but you can also manually remove it.

Back
Top Bottom