What is this cory cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angry the Clown

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Everyone,

Quick question: what type of cory cat is on the TFH Publications Catfishes eBook, link HERE?

I ask because I have one, and only one, who has happily (if lonely) lived in my tank for the past 5 years. I would love to get a small group to keep mine company.

Thanks,
AtC

Hello Everyone,

Quick question: what type of cory cat is on the TFH Publications Catfishes eBook, link HERE?

I ask because I have one, and only one, who has happily (if lonely) lived in my tank for the past 5 years. I would love to get a small group to keep mine company.

Thanks,
AtC

I'm leaning towards a three-line cory.... not sure tho

Yes, I agree with Gillie. But look closely at yours and make sure it isn't actually a true Jullii. They can be very hard to tell apart.

Yes, I agree with Gillie. But look closely at yours and make sure it isn't actually a true Jullii. They can be very hard to tell apart.

They're actually not hard to tell apart trilineatus have wormy markings and julii have fine spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you to everyone who has weighed in so far, and thank you for pointing me in right direction.

The next time I see the little guy in my tank, I'll snap a photo.

Corydoras trilineatus, the false jullii

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

+1. I have 3 of them myself. True juliis are hard to find. So it is almost certainly a false julii.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just following up finally with a picture. First time I've seen him in a week or so.

IMG_3518.jpeg

Not sure why it's upside down...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom