I will post photos as I am very confused as to what this can be growing on top of my beautiful algae. I think it is cyanobacteria from the research I've done but I can't be sure. It's not on my glass or gravel simply growing on top of already matured algae. Is it mold? Slime mold I'm not sure. I would really love help!!! , my fish eat it off and on I've seen but not sure if they are eating around this stuff. I clean filters on a reg schedule and weekly water changes. My lighting has been overdone as my intent was to grow algae for my (yet) that is if it is cyano
, however, I would like someone with more experience than me with this to help me. I have different light systems and the colour of the algae changes depending on the light used. 18,000 kelvin it's a green colour 7,000 kelvin it's a blue-green lower kelvin it's white and slime looking. It does not smell I took a piece out to smell. Someone please help me!
If it is cyano
and it is not growing out of control can I keep it on the rocks or how do I deal with this without killing my beautiful algae??? I have added carbon in and ammonia absorber as I have the light off and on for short feeding periods and I read that cyano
can adapt to no light if ammonia is available in high amounts. I read it can kill my beneficial bacteria. What do I do as I don't want to dose antibiotics and risk killing a biofilter that is working great?