what is this fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00steppie00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know these are bad pictures but it is the beat I can do until tomorrow. I went to my local Walmart and I usually don't buy fish from there but in the tank with the guppies was this fish it is so pretty I have never seen one like it. It stays at the top of the tank at all times and is silver with almost neon yellow eyes and bright yellow squares on its body. Any one have any guesses?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130615_215534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130615_215534.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 135
  • ForumRunner_20130615_215545.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130615_215545.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20130615_215556.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130615_215556.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 122
I know these are bad pictures but it is the beat I can do until tomorrow. I went to my local Walmart and I usually don't buy fish from there but in the tank with the guppies was this fish it is so pretty I have never seen one like it. It stays at the top of the tank at all times and is silver with almost neon yellow eyes and bright yellow squares on its body. Any one have any guesses?

A stressed out golden wonder killifish :)

Any suggestions on how to care for it? Or tell it's gender so I can name it?

Any suggestions on how to care for it? Or tell it's gender so I can name it?

Umm... ive never cared for one, but im sure its not that hard if walmart carries them haha :) if its very colorful, its a male, if its not a uniform yellow throughout and a bit dull, its a female. Once its established you should be able to tell the difference pretty easily :p

I would feed it floating food like flakes. They are probably jumpers and may try to attack small fish or shrimp.

Yeah, be careful if you have any smaller fish as they could easily become a snack.

Back
Top Bottom