What is this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ICoolGuy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! So I just set up my aquarium and it will start its cycling today but I got this plant with the aquarium and I dont know what it is can you guyz please help me it was in a pot with cotton wool and has long leaves which appears to be dying:(.

I cant upload the picture but it has thin leaf and really long.

Your kidding right? That could be lots of plants. Pretty much impossible without some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Best guess is Vallisneria americana gigantea, commonly referred to as Jungle Val.

Did you plant it in the pot under your substrate? If so, take it out of the pot then plant it.

I did take it out of the pot and plant it but some of the roots and leaves were damaged while traveling do you think it will be okay?

It should be ok. A lot of plants go into shock after being transplanted. If you have root tabs, bury one down deep next to it. That will help it get going.

Hi! So I just set up my aquarium and it will start its cycling today but I got this plant with the aquarium and I dont know what it is can you guyz please help me it was in a pot with cotton wool and has long leaves which appears to be dying:(.

I cant upload the picture but it has thin leaf and really long.

Jungle Val usually die off because of new water parameters. If you have a proper light, it will be healthy in few weeks. Just give it a time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom