What is your favorite source for fish information?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.cfm?pcatid=830 to learn about what kind of conditions different fish like.

They mention things like which fish should be schooled, and which fish should be in pairs etc... They also have minimum tank guidelines which it seems my local fish stores seem to ignore.

Do you have any other good resources?

I have found some interesting recommendations at liveaquaria.com, my favorite being that the tiny otocinclus cat needs a 30gal minimum aquarium. Not true!

I like fishprofiles.com and badmanstropicalfish.com, as well as the killer site planetcatfish.com. There are tons of fish-specific sites as well, like cichlidrecipe.com.

Probably the best way to get info is, as mentioned above, to post a question here about a particular fish and you will get first-hand info about the fish from people who have kept them and know what they are talking about.

LOL, Message boards all they way! I prefer getting information from knowledgable people like all the people here, although I sometimes go to species specific sites for some expert advice (such as Koko's Goldfish site for my goldfish) which can be found at aqua rank.

My favorite source for fish information is my own personal library. Over the years I've amassed quite a collection of fish-related books and articles (both scientific and 'popular'). For simple taxonomic purposes I like fishbase.org. Since I lean toward certain predatory fish...I spend a lot of time at AquaticPredators.com.

For general aquarium knowledge and great cameraderie....there's no place like Aquarium Advice!! :D

badmanstropicalfish.com is where i go most of the time along with the occasional visit to mongabay fish.mongabay.com

Back
Top Bottom