What kind of Angel is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
1482462386563.jpg I just picked up this guy and have been waiting for an angel that really caught my eye. As soon as I saw him I had to scoop him up! Although I don't know what type he is.. maybe a marble?

It doesn't have any orange hue to it's crown at all :(. I also have very little experience with angelfish. So I may ask questions here! I have read up quite a bit though

It doesn't have any orange hue to it's crown at all :(. I also have very little experience with angelfish. So I may ask questions here! I have read up quite a bit though
Actually, mine was just an example. Red/ orange needs to be present anywhere on the body for it to be considered a Koi.
As for help via questions, ask away. There are many here who can help. :D (y)

Face up at the surface can be a bad sign. Just swimming among the top part of the tank may be because of what's below. There is a difference. Check water parameters and if okay, keep an eye out for any white slime the fish may have that looks like it's peeling off skin. THAT is a bad sign.

Okay I will when I get the chance and I will get back to you when I can!

Sad to say he suddenly passed away today. Water conditions checked out fine.. I wonder what happened? :/

Could have been carrying the Angel disease. In the future, I strongly suggest using a QT tank for all new fish so that you can medicate if necessary or just observe the fish for some time to see that it acts "normal" without interference from tank mates.
Sorry for your loss. :(

My QT tank has been temporarily loaned out to a friend who needed an emergency tank (their tank cracked) so I didn't have one and forgot. Sad to see him go so soon

Back
Top Bottom