What kind of fish is this..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristinaE12

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know I could search but I know there are many people here who could probably tell me right away without researching too.

I just know it likes to chase a couple others around at times and my step daughter picked it out a while back and I never knew what it was. I particularly don't care that much for it either.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 104
Yups that is fo sho a Lake Kutubu/ blue/turquoise rainbowfish. I have 4 in my tank and they school together nicely and don't bother any other fish. They show their best colours in a group too :)

Yeah.. Just read up on them and they seem to be better off in schools. Maybe that is why this one is a little turd and chases the others. I also see minimum tank size suggested is 50 gallon. Do not know why LFS do not tell you these things..

When my 55gal. is done cycling I'll have to buy a couple more I suppose and put them in there.

Thanks for the help.

Nice jib on the research, in a group in your 55 I think they will quickly become a favorite fish. I love rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom