What kind of gold fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey577

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to a fair today, and they had some games with goldfish as the prize. I won one of them, and so I was wondering what kind it is. Thanks!

A picture is the only sure way to identify it but if it was a fair the only goldfish I've ever seen on those games are common goldfish.

Sorry! I mean to put a picture on and then I forgot to do it! Haha here's the picture

Attachments

• image-4219721323.jpg
    image-4219721323.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 59
Not sure what goldfish it is but make sure you keep it in a nice big tank. :D

Ok. Make sure you get a at least 20 gallon tank with filter for the fantail lindsey

Any goldfish with a double tail is considered a fancy goldfish although theres exceptions to this rule and breeds that cross lines between double & single tails. Common goldfish are what you typically see in feeder tanks at the lfs.

Ok, thanks everyone. And I have it in a 55g tank, so no worries. And another question. How many more gold fish can I put in that tank?

Make sure you have a good filteration system. Goldfish are messy fish.

In a 55g? Right now, you could manage another 2-3 fancies. Larger adults would be a bit cramped in a 55g at this number though. Make sure you have hefty filtration (min 550gph) and stay on top of your water changes. Its always a good idea to understock with messy goldies.

I can't remember what's its called but its meant for a 55g tank.

If the filter is 'meant' for a 55g, then its likely not enough. You want filtration in the 550gph+ range. You may need another filter to reach a higher capacity. I run 2 hob's 'meant' for 90+g tanks on my 55's.

Especially since they are goldfish more filteration is needed.

Back
Top Bottom