What kind of pleco do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bushy nose and a rubber lip....I was given the rubber lip and the two are in a 29g, they are pals. The roam all over together. Kinda odd though that they hang out together.:confused:

Tried to load it but its from my cell and it came up as an error:/ but the bushy is about 5" the rubberlip is about 3" I have had the bushy since it was a little over an inch long, I give him a cucumber once in a while I know they like to eat drift wood but the tannins in the water stear me clear of putting some in for them, so they get pleco waffers and a cucumber once a week.

Not all driftwood leeches tannins. The faded looking ones that are usually screwed on a piece of slate have never leeched any tannins in my tanks and I've been buying them since the 80's. These pieces won't sink without the bases.

Geronica said:
omg...where is the pics I would like to see those.....

First pic is my common sail fin the chocolate pleco is in the back. The next pic is my albino pleco but he is still small don't know if you can see him good. I can't ever get pics of my BN or my clown pleco because they are always hiding I hardly ever see my clown pleco I don't know how he eats because he never moves!! Haha

Attachments

• image-3691845697.jpg
    image-3691845697.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1497056455.jpg
    image-1497056455.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3602028121.jpg
    image-3602028121.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1077861601.jpg
    image-1077861601.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 82
My common pleco learned to eat pellets and flakes off the surface than my chocolate pleco copied its kind of annoying because I want them to eat whatever falls to the bottom and leave the floating stuff for my other fishies! So much for bottom feeders haha, my two big Plecos are also not scared of anything I have actually pet them and they just sit there, they are weird!

I have a common pleco I believe. His name is Houdini :) he is ity bity

Attachments

• image-2731037902.jpg
    image-2731037902.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 86
I don't have one. The ones I'm used to get to be around 2 feet long and frankly, the scare me.

PolyptRus said:
my two big Plecos are also not scared of anything I have actually pet them and they just sit there, they are weird!

I can relatewith my sail fin, he'll sit their while I poke him and pet him. In fact one time when i wanted to move the plastic reef in my tank, he sat on the underside of it while I squeezed on him unknowingly trying put the reef together. Odd, TOUGH little bugger.

Wroberson said:
I don't have one. The ones I'm used to get to be around 2 feet long and frankly, the scare me.

They don't all get that big. But in my opinion up close they do look pretty freaky.

Lt. said:
They don't all get that big. But in my opinion up close they do look pretty freaky.

If you've seen them blink that is really freaky! There heads remind me of frogs, but I would agree if you are freaked out by them I wouldn't get one I always have to pick my small ones off of decorations because they refuse to let go and I hate touching them because I've been cut by them before and it was just a small one like two inches long!!

First pic is my common sail fin the chocolate pleco is in the back. The next pic is my albino pleco but he is still small don't know if you can see him good. I can't ever get pics of my BN or my clown pleco because they are always hiding I hardly ever see my clown pleco I don't know how he eats because he never moves!! Haha

awghhhh really gorgeous

I have a Leopard Sailfin around 8", a full grown female Bristlenose, an angry juvenile male Bristlenose, a baby Bristlenose and a Clown Pleco I haven't seen since I bought it home -.-

One of my baby bn's :) i also got a 7 inch albino of some sort too :D

Attachments

• image-3938042837.jpg
    image-3938042837.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1690888184.jpg
    image-1690888184.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom