What kind of pleco is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was just wondering If anyone knew the specific type of plectrum this is. I want to look up more information about it

Attachments

• image-2018253495.jpg
    image-2018253495.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1187393651.jpg
    image-1187393651.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 101
Looks like a standard bristlenose pleco to me.
Brown with cream/lightbrown dots. Unless I'm colorblind.

If they are, I will see if petco wants them when they start to get too big.

Said basically everyone with a common pleco, ever. ;)

Not trying to rip on you at all, and I am on my phone so I can't tell what you have, but if they are common plecos, they will be easier to rehome sooner rather than later. Same goes for oscars, channel cats, etc. just in case anyone was wondering :-\

Said basically everyone with a common pleco, ever. ;) Not trying to rip on you at all, and I am on my phone so I can't tell what you have, but if they are common plecos, they will be easier to rehome sooner rather than later. Same goes for oscars, channel cats, etc. just in case anyone was wondering :-\

If it gets to 6 inches I will then be looking for it a new home. I have seen 6 inch plecos in petco many times.

We used to have pleco's in our 27g and 30g for years.. I don't get them anymore because they just get too big... They get much bigger then 6 inches.. They don't even fit in standard sized nets lol

The second one is a bristlenose but the first two pics I'm not so sure of... A top-down pic would be much better. The striped tail makes me think BN but the head shape looks like a commons.

The first two pics are definitely a bristlenose. The scales and nose are nothing like a common. My diagnosis: female bristlenose.

They both look like standard female bristlenoses. If they were male they'd be showing the starts of bristles by now if you've had them a year. Also, commons grow really quickly. They'll get to about 5-6 inches long and can live for about 15 years.

The first two pics are definitely a bristlenose. The scales and nose are nothing like a common. My diagnosis: female bristlenose.

It seems that more people are saying female bristle nose than common. I hope that is right.

I'll try to get a top down picture, but they really like hanging out in and around a castle that I have in there.

I have seen it flare out little bristles on the sides of its mouth when they get pissed at each other. If that helps.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I have had trouble categorizing them, and I can tell why with so many people saying different things.

They have been the same size now for about 9 months. One was this size when I bought it.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I have had trouble categorizing them, and I can tell why with so many people saying different things. They have been the same size now for about 9 months. One was this size when I bought it.

If it's been that size for so long it's definitely a female BN. I didn't know you had it for so long.

Back
Top Bottom