What kind of sand to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I currently have an aqua clear filter and I was given an aqua tech filter is there a way I can use the media from the aqua clear in the aqua tech so I don't have to start my cycle completely from the start?

Why not go to the lfs and have a look, i bought a 25kg bag for £8.95 which is about 15bucks, it cant be much more expensive in the states.

Does it matter what temperature I rinse the sand in?

Not really. But if it is quite different from the tank water, it might be a good idea to let the sand sit in a bucket of water close to tank water temperature. That way the sand won't alter the tank water too much.

I currently have an aqua clear filter and I was given an aqua tech filter is there a way I can use the media from the aqua clear in the aqua tech so I don't have to start my cycle completely from the start?

Not sure watch kind of media the aqua tech uses. If you are only using the sponge and ceramic media in the AquaClear, then you might be able to fit it into the AC. Or you might need to cut up the Aqua Tech's cartridge (assuming it uses the standard floss covered frame cartridge).

Yes it is, I rinsed the sand forever! Took me a few hours

It looks fairly course, interesting.

Well the fish should love it and it is easier to keep clean. You can vacuum it and it doesn't get sucked up unless you use a narrow hose, like 3/4". But the regular vacuum attachment works perfectly for cleaning.

Getting any live plants?

Well the fish should love it and it is easier to keep clean. You can vacuum it and it doesn't get sucked up unless you use a narrow hose, like 3/4". But the regular vacuum attachment works perfectly for cleaning.

Getting any live plants?

I have plants in my other tank, I'm waiting for the water to equal out then ill be putting some in there.

Getting any live plants?

I have a gravel vac but I feel like the sand would get sucked up in it still

Are my levels alright?

Ammonia - 0.25
Nitrite - 0.25
Nitrate - 10
pH - 7.8

Back
Top Bottom