What kind of snail is this?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqariumclements

Aquarium Advice Regular
Found it's way into my tank as a baby on a plant should I be worried about breeding plus will
My zebra snails be alright?

Attachments

• image-3367922132.jpg
    image-3367922132.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3397716076.jpg
    image-3397716076.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 59
Pond snail. Your Zebras will be fine. Pond snails do breed like crazy.

I dont know the specifics on how they breed but whenever you see one more are sure to follow.

Pond snails can store sperm from previous matings and will mate quite young. Chances are if you see one, there are many more (either in juvie form or still as unhatched eggs) hidden elsewhere. They breed like crazy and are nearly impossible to eradicate entirely...

Oh dear it came in on a plant though I'm pretty sure it's by itself, it was also the tiniest thing ever when i first saw it so if they need partners should I not be okay?

Pond snails are a type of bladder snail and reproduce asexually. It only takes one. Keep the tank clean, do not overfeed, and they will be self limiting. If they over produce you can find someone who needs feeder snails on here and give way or sale the excess. Lots of people buy assassin snails to get rid of the other snails and then have to buy other snails to feed the assassins when they do their job. LOL

Back
Top Bottom