What kind of Tetra do I have here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! I thought the long flowing fins were pretty, but any pictures I could find of white tetras didn't look quite the same.

Seaguppy07 said:
Thank you! I thought the long flowing fins were pretty, but any pictures I could find of white tetras didn't look quite the same.

Your welcome. Very pretty fish, I agree. They can get quite nippy in small groups you should get a few more to stop that. :)

I agree that its a white, long-finned skirt tetra. I agree that you would probably be better off picking up a few of them to avoid any nippiness. I am not really sure whats up with the red cheek, but it might just be part of that color variation.
I have them too. Mine each reached about 3 inches in lenth. :)

I agree that its a white, long-finned skirt tetra. I agree that you would probably be better off picking up a few of them to avoid any nippiness. I am not really sure whats up with the red cheek, but it might just be part of that color variation.
I have them too. Mine each reached about 3 inches in lenth. :)

Looks like it might be a "blushing"

I just got back from my LFS and while I was there I had a look at the white skirts. The red in their cheek is not die. They all have it. It's on the inside and because they are white you can see through them.

Thanks! Good to know! You can see through them. I thought I was missing some neons this morning and was looking inside the white tetras for them, but the neons were just sleeping under and behind the driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom