What kind of thermometer do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiekelsey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I like the type that sticks on the outside of the tank but I haven't had much luck with them. They don't last long and it isn't clear what the temp is.
The type that hangs in the tank has such small lines it's hard to tell what the temp is.

i use the stick ons, just to make sure the heaters stay working. they are usually about 1-2 degrees off. then i use a digital food thermometer for water changes and a regular old thermometer to make sure my digital is still accurate

Never had a problem reading the cheap little stick on the inside ones with the little lines(go get your eyes tested) lol im joking! If you genuinely stuggle to read them get a digital one. I never use one when water changing, and can tell by touch never drops lower than afew degrees. If i was doing a large enough change then i might.

Last edited:
IMO, you can't beat the old floating ones with the bb's in the bottom. Mine came with a little suction cup jolder that lets me attach it to the inside glass to hold it where I can see the numbers. KISS. OS.

I have the good old suction cup to the side of tank thermometer with the BBs on the bottom. Works good and as long as I don't drop it I know it will last a long time. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom