What pleco is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive never seen a common with stripes like that

You never know depending on where you got it from they might not have known what they had

It's a common. Those strips you're seeing are stress markings. FYI- common plecos can get well over 15" so heads up, he's gonna need a massive tank further down the road!

Ur saying mines stressd? I got him 1 week ago and all of them at the aquarium has those stripes. I have a 80 gallón tank is it a good size for it? This is a picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394507984.260848.jpg

Ur saying mines stressd? I got him 1 week ago and all of them at the aquarium has those stripes. I have a 80 gallón tank is it a good size for it? This is a picView attachment 227171

I do believe that's what those markings mean however I'm a bichir guy not a pleco guy so I may be wrong! But I do think 80 gallons is too small for a common type pleco however there's loads of plecos that will thrive in a tank as awesome like that one!

Thanks man ill probably give it to a friend with a bigger tank when i see hees growing quick. In my local aquarium commun plecos are the only plecos they have so i got this little guy

I have the same pleco and they arre the common. I've had mine for a few years now and he hasn't grown in a long time he is about 5" now and in a 55G tank. Fish normally grow to their surroundings.

The thing with pleco's is they are pooping machines and have a massive bio load. I've found a good solid water turn over in the tank plus regular PWC 30-50% have kept my levels good.

Back
Top Bottom