What puffer is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I ordered some dwarf puffers and my mom picked them up for me at the LFS...now that I see them I don't think they are dwarf puffers at all, what puffer fish is this? image.jpg

They have almost like a blackish triangle above their eyes on the forehead then under there dorsal and anal fin on the skin there is a blackish line.

Well after looking around I'm almost 100% sure that they are auriglobus modestus juvies. Haven't really been able to find a photo of juvies but these fish have the same looking fins and are thinner/more streamlined... Apparently these fish are sometimes labeled neon dwarf puffers so that may have been the confusion with my LFS. Going to go in tomorrow and ask for a refund, hopefully he will give me one...

The A. Modestus is one of the meanest puffers I've ever owned. If you decide to keep both of them, indefinitely watch for aggression (towards each other and other fish) as they mature. Keeping 2 in the same tank is definitely not beginner level IMO.

Yeah I do not want these puffers. I called my LFS today and he is still thinking they are called dwarf puffers, cause that is what his supplier sells them as so he's always known them as this. He said he should be able to take them back I wont know will Thursday though...Hopefully all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom