What’s wrong with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What’s wrong with my lemon tetra? Besides the white spot on his tail he’s paler than the other 2. All the other fish look fine. I did a water change two days ago and as far as I can recall he was fine then. I just tested my water and using the API Ammonia Test Kit ammonia is 0 and using the Seachem Multitest Nitrite and Nitrate Test Kit Nitrites are 0 and nitrates are between 5 and 10. Nothing has changed.IMG_8872.jpgIMG_8873.jpg

That looks like columnaris to me ...
Columnaris is one of the few disease that actually thrive in clean water...

It is better to remove the individual fish IMO. This is a very dangerous disease..The best treatments say to euth fish showing symptoms and treat the rest .
Furan2 and kannaplex both giving together for a week or two is the treatment that still 'works ' for columnaris..

It is better to remove the individual fish IMO. This is a very dangerous disease..The best treatments say to euth fish showing symptoms and treat the rest .
Furan2 and kannaplex both giving together for a week or two is the treatment that still 'works ' for columnaris..

Will furan2 and kannaplex kill my bb? I was told that certain medications do.

Possibly ?
Columnaris will kill all your fish with less question , I know that .
I would at least get the lemon out of tank asap and monitor the other fish..

Possibly ?
Columnaris will kill all your fish with less question , I know that .
I would at least get the lemon out of tank asap and monitor the other fish..

But I don’t have another tank to put him in and Id hate to euthanize him without at least giving him a chance.

But I don’t have another tank to put him in and Id hate to euthanize him without at least giving him a chance.

You risk all your fish .
Columnaris can sometimes only attack a weak fish or can wipe out a whole tank.. It can be very infectious .
They are your fish , but I don't fool around with the big C anymore..I cut my losses as quickly as possible...
Treat whole tank...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...umnaris.html&usg=AOvVaw1Z4zRnhpufHCA84p_l_L7g
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ts-1689.html&usg=AOvVaw31CC_glS6hh4rAe5K3QSC0

I would read both of these links ....

Back
Top Bottom